Did anyone on the list get these tapes?

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Sun Mar 25 10:30:11 CDT 2018

> On Mar 24, 2018, at 11:34 PM, Josh Dersch via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> There's also what looks like some very early RSTS source in there.

The BASIC-PLUS interpreter part, yes.  RTS.P11, there are two versions.  I'll look at them more closely.  I have a 1971 listing of "BTSS" which is clearly an early, possibl pre-release, version of RSTS.  Just the kernel; the other parts were stripped out by the University of Illinois team who were experimenting with that code.  (How they got it is unclear.)   It has been scanned but not OCRed yet.

That plus the RTS code might be close to a full RSTS V0.1...

The 118600 tape has floating point emulation code in it, it appears to be the 3-word floating point that was reportedly used in RSTS through V3.  In V4A, DEC switched to the 2 word and 4 word formats that were used in the 11/45 floating point processor.

	paul