PDP11/03 BA-11M Front panel switch replacement

steven at malikoff.com steven at malikoff.com
Sat Mar 17 00:41:24 CDT 2018

Doug said
> On 2/25/2018 10:40 PM, Jon Elson via cctalk wrote:
>>>>
>> In general, many old switch patterns are still made.  Often, they have
>> a manufacturer's name and part # on the body of the switch. Some
>> common makes from back then were C&K and Alco.
>>
>> Jon
>
> Good advice, I went and looked at another box I had and the switches are
> indeed C&K models 7101 and 7108.  Looking on ebay since they are
> obsolete, finding the model with the paddle actuator will be the trick.

In case anyone is interested I have put up the STL and parametric scripts on Thingiverse
for a project to build a replica PDP-11/03 console with the same look and feel as the original
(following the 6-foot Rule) for an MDB backplane I acquired from a cctalk listmember.

If you have missing or broken switch paddles on your 11/03 or 11/05 then this might be of
use to you. Also included is the LED receptacle used on the 11/03 and 11/05 and I think
(but am not certain) the PDP-8/E, as is currently being discussed.

Being parametric you can adjust for different C&K switches, or other brands if you like.

You will find it at https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2829191

Steve.