Thicknet/10base5 Test Segment: The Cable is In!

Grant Taylor cctalk at gtaylor.tnetconsulting.net
Tue Jun 26 17:15:08 CDT 2018

On 06/26/2018 01:07 PM, systems_glitch via cctalk wrote:
> I seem to recall the CCNA instructor telling us that you weren't really
> supposed to screw a 50 ohm terminator onto an intrusive tap; I don't know
> if there's good reason for it or if it was just a general practice.

I'm taking that to mean that the terminator shouldn't be placed
immediately adjacent to an intrusive tap.  Or rather that you should
have some length of cable between the intrusive tap and the terminator.

I can only guess that having a terminator too close interferes with or
weakens the signal too much in some way.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die