Weird Lear-Siegler ADM-3A board

Eric Smith spacewar at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 00:37:22 CDT 2018

On Tue, May 29, 2018 at 1:10 AM, Eric Smith <spacewar at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, May 25, 2018 at 3:30 PM, Adrian Graham via cctalk <
> cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>
>> Wow, good spot! This one isn’t badged but we just assumed it had fallen
>> off. Just as I’m typing this he’s messaged me to say it’s actually the
>> ADM-3A ‘10th Anniversary edition’. The manual is on bitsavers:
>>

> It might have _started_ its life as an ADM-3A 10th Anniversary Edition,
> but it isn't one any more. The PCB in the photo is the Zentec ADM3 Retrofit.

I may have been completely wrong about that. When I wrote that, I wasn't
aware that Zentec bought the terminal product line from Lear Siegler in
1986, and continued making some of the terminals, including the ADM-3A,
under the Zentec name. Since the LSI ADM-3A was introduced in 1976, It's
possible that Zentec introduced the ADM-3A 10th Anniversary Edition with
the NS405-based logic board.

Eric