eBay search fail

Holm Tiffe holm at freibergnet.de
Wed Jun 13 14:16:15 CDT 2018

Noel Chiappa via cctalk wrote:

> So someone mentioned this to me:
>
>   https://www.ebay.com/itm/222941705847
>
> Now, the crazy thing is that I religously do a search for "PDP-11" for newly
> listed items on eBait at least once a day - and this never showed up! I just
> did a search for sold "PDP-11" items, and it's not showing up there either -
> although a search for sold "PDP-11 parts" turns it up!
>
> Anyone have any idea why it didn't turn up? That is a regular '-', not an
> mdash or anything, and those are 1's, not lower-case l's. And it does show up
> in the search for "PDP-11 parts". So I can only conclude that somehow eBait's
> search function blew out somehow?
>
> Anyway, someone got a total steal: at least _3_ H960's, a TU10, and an -11/45
> (can't tell if there's an FP11) - and who knows what else is hidden!
>
>        Noel

Ebay's search engine is unusable here in europe for years now.

I don't even get te item when I do a search for "222941705847", the item
number of your link above. Maybe that's since it isn't listet for
international buyers, but you could'nt even find it to see pictures.
another thing are many chinese items that's listed for international
buyers, they simply don't get listed here. I can find them with ebay.com
and I can buy them, no problem.

My answer to this? Use Aliexpress, the Americans (Ebay) doesn't want my
money. If you don't care for your customers, anyone else will.

I do habe an ebay.com account too since I've done some businnes with us
customers years before, beu I have stopped any selling over ebay for
some years, provisions from ebay and paypal + costs to insert articles where
higer then the the income.

If you do a search for AM298* to get eome of the old AM 29xx Chipset
devices, you currently get 2 items where AM298-43 is in the description,
do a search for am29821 and you get many items.

Don't know what they want, for sure they don't want you to find items
you need...

Regards,

Holm

info at tsht.de Fax +49 3731 74200 Tel +49 3731 74222 Mobil: 0172 8790 741