WRQ Reflection 4+ DOS

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 08:19:18 CDT 2018

On Tue, 5 Jun 2018 at 14:08, Bill Degnan via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

 All these
> programs worked the same IMHO  most all had DEC terminal emulation

DEC terminal emulation wasn't the problem for me and my employers,
back at the end of the 1980s and beginning of the 1990s. It was Wyse
terminal emulation. Wyse totally dominated the dumb serial terminal
market in my part of the world by then, and OSes like SCO Xenix
expected Wyse terminals and their quirks. An emulator for the DEC
terminal the Wyse claimed to emulate would not work well.

For us that was the appeal of stuff like JRiver ICE.TEN and WRQ
Reflection -- perfect Wyse emulation.

Oddly enough Reflection is still around. WRQ was bought by Attachmate,
who bought Novell, and who were bought by Micro Focus -- so for whom I
now work.