Modifying microcode

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Mon Jun 4 16:13:41 CDT 2018

> On Jun 4, 2018, at 1:17 PM, Robert Armstrong via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>
> ... FWIW, I have a 725 complete and working.  Well, except for the RC25, which never worked even when they were new.

Hm.  I remember some RC25s on RSTS, and they seemed to be ok.  The fact that they had two drives on one motor made it strange, especially if the fixed platter was your system device.  We had to teach the OS how to deal with SY: going away temporarily.

It did make for nice compact systems, which was important when we got an order for a pile of RSTS systems that would be installed on board submarines.  Or so we were told.

	paul