Fairchild 9440/445 MicroFlame?

Robert Armstrong bob at jfcl.com
Fri Jun 1 21:03:38 CDT 2018

  I'm looking for manual scans, software, really any documentation of any
kind for the Fairchild F9440 or 9445 (aka the MicroFlame) microprocessors.
Yes, bitsavers and a few other places have datasheets for the chips, but
that's really about all the documentation I've found.  And yes, I know that
they're Nova clones and can run DG software, but Fairchild had their own
development tools too that seem to have disappeared completely.

  In particular, Fairchild had a single board computer for the 9445 called
(I think) the PEP-45.  It had a built in EPROM monitor called PEPBUG-45.
I'd love to find manuals and schematics for that gizmo.  Actually I'd be
interested in documentation for any systems that used either of the 944x
chips.

Bob