RK05 spindle pulleys - trade 50Hz vs 60Hz?

Fritz Mueller fritzm at fritzm.org
Sat Jul 28 21:02:50 CDT 2018

> On Jul 26, 2018, at 12:19 AM, Mattis Lind via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org <mailto:cctalk at classiccmp.org>> wrote:
>
> You need to move the motor to a new position in the RK05. The drive is
> already prepared for all this. It is just the pulley, moving the motor and
> the 220VAC jumper that is needed.

I'm just working on my second RK05 drive now, to see if I can get it going by VCF West (I'm going to get crazy this year and rent a truck and show the 11/45, so some other people can enjoy it :-))

In any case, I can confirm that the power supply and transformers are jumper-able for 220VAC, and the motor is on a spring-tensioned swing arm, so it probably accommodates a different pulley just fine.  HOWEVER, I noticed today that my particular motor has an ominous bright orange sticker on it that explicitly says "60 Hz ONLY".  As far as I know, its an original motor.  FWIW!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZpupgCaQ2InqQrv1uruBJPZZGlDUTuwW/view <https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZpupgCaQ2InqQrv1uruBJPZZGlDUTuwW/view>

    cheers,
       --FritzM.