Strange third party board in PDP-11/45

Chris Quayle syseng at gfsys.co.uk
Mon Jul 23 16:46:51 CDT 2018

> Message: 1
> Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2018 09:22:25 -0400 (EDT)
> From: jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu (Noel Chiappa)
> To: cctalk at classiccmp.org
> Cc: jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
> Subject: Re: Strange third party board in PDP-11/45
>
>     > From: Paul Birkel
>
>     > ABLE Computer Technology. Their first product was PN 10001 ... the
>     > A.C.T. Univerter
>
> This board is not shown in any of the Able brochures we have:
>
>   http://bitsavers.trailing-edge.com/pdf/able/brochures/
>
> However, Able info is _very_ thin on the ground, now...
>
> 	Noel

There was a Univerter and Qniverter (sp) which were used to
translate from unibus to qbus.Very useful boards and used one
to translate from vax730, vms 4.3 to a qbus expansion box, so
I could use an RQDX3 and RD53 as vms boot. Just set up the
dipswitches and it works automagically at power on.

May have docs somewhere, but not sure where...

Chris