how good is the data reliability with CD ROM and DVD RAM?

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Sun Jul 22 20:47:07 CDT 2018

On 07/22/2018 06:34 PM, Zane Healy via cctalk wrote:

> On premises has the exact same problem as tape.  You must have a refresh plan.  That’s the advantage of off prem, you don’t have to worry about refresh.

I don't exactly follow you.   In the case of a specific example for NASA
and its vendors a given mission may involve tens of thousands of tapes.
When a mission concludes, tapes are usually bundled off to a warehouse
and then later junked.   There's no money in the mission budget for
preservation ad perpetuum.

--Chuck