how good is the data reliability with CD ROM and DVD RAM?

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Sat Jul 21 17:13:08 CDT 2018

On 07/21/2018 02:43 PM, Carlo Pisani wrote:
> thus, MO drive units are not reliable?

At least not the later PMC ones.  I remember that my drive wasn't even 6
months old when it died.  PMC's policy was to replace it with a
"refurbished" (read: used) replacement.  That one barely lasted a month.
 PMC then stated that their backlog on replacements was something like
12 weeks.   I wrote the cost of the drive off and moved on.  PMC ceased
operation shortly thereafter.

Mind you, I was using the drive only for testing, so fortunately no
important data was stored there.

I note that the southern California operation that bought the bankruptcy
sale stock is still in operation and offers a refurb Apex drive for
about $250 with a 30-day warranty.

No Thanks.

--Chuck