how good is the data reliability with CD ROM and DVD RAM?

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Sat Jul 21 13:55:49 CDT 2018

Longevity has always been an issue.
(and we already know that 8" floppies outlast 3.5")

Does anybody here have experience with "M-Disc"?

It is available up to 100GB BDXL!
Drives start at less than $100; media is prices vary - the 100GB starts at
about $20 each, but the low capacity versions are bordering on
competitive.

The longevity claims are all extrapolations - turns out that nobody has
ever ACTUALLY stored one for more than 30 years.   If/when I can get a
ride, I'd be glad to take one back to the sixties, to get a half-century
test.

Grumpy Ol' Fred     		cisin at xenosoft.com