GoTEK SFR1M44-U100...

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Wed Jul 18 13:20:45 CDT 2018

On 07/18/2018 09:02 AM, Adrian Graham via cctalk wrote:
> On 18 Jul 2018, at 03:22, Fred Cisin via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org>
> wrote:
>
> Could the Gotek firmware, and some drivers on PC's with "HD" or "ED"
> controllers, be kludged together to get faster data transfers?

I found that I could produce a 1.44M (500Kbps) data stream using a 16MHz
ATMega162 with some clever coding.  The trick is to have the track data
already reduced to timing pulses and use the PWM facility in the MCU to
generate them.  I don't see why a carefully-coded STM32F103 routine
couldn't do this, although the problem with that approach is that you
have only 20KB of RAM and expanding that isn't straightforward.

On the other hand, moving up to a STM32F4 series chip would solve that
issue neatly.  Some members of the family even have SDRAM interfaces.  I
have a STM32F429 board with 8MB of SDRAM directly addressable.

--Chuck