Looking for North star software

allison allisonportable at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 11:35:53 CDT 2018

On 07/04/2018 08:37 AM, systems_glitch via cctalk wrote:
> Yeah, you do need a monitor or something to get started on either Mike
> Douglas's solution or Dave Dunfield's NST. I've used both successfully.
>
> If you have hard-sectored disks, I can just make you a boot disk. I have
> both single and double density controllers.
Makes sure they are configured for the NS* native IO.  If they are not
your still
stuck as then the OS is looking for an IO board that is foreign.

I know that as before the horizon I had the bare NS* MDS in the Altair
using the SIO as serial.

Putting a boot monitor in is by far the easy way out.  I did that early on
and it has serial transfer and embedded loader for soft sector controller.

I rarely use the stock  NS* system but the older one with all the changes
is still in use.  Hard disk (2x 31mb) makes it more useful.

There is one excuse I use occasionally for pulling out the stock NS,
UCSD Pascal.  The first IDE.

Allison