Re: Re: radar history Going though my father's Army papers there is a Certificate  for  his attendance  at SCR 268 School!

Ed Sharpe couryhouse at aol.com
Sun Jul 1 23:39:30 CDT 2018

Going though my father's Army papers there is a Certificate  for  his attendance  at SCR 268 School!

Never  though I would have some  family history to put  with some of the scraps  I  have   268 stuff here.   My  dad  was like  some of the others if  it  was classified  when he  was in the service  he  tended to continue to think of it that  way.  He  mentioned  Radars and ones  with big bed spring antennas  and  of  course   explained  how  one  worked  when we  moved to a  place with a  Nike  radar  site across the street  ( LA-55  Palos Verdes)...

But  Darn!  wish  he  had   gone into more  detail.

I have  2

  of the  scopes  of the  3   Navy Nick   photoed another at a ham fest  but  he  did not  know I was looking  for a  third..   the shipping  would have been  tough... but ...   the  big thing though  with all of them that I have seen  surplus is they are missing the outer skin  for the  case.  anyone  got  some?

we  do have at  SMECC  the complete  IFF  unit that was  used alongside the  268  it weights 400 lbs  or something...

Now... I  am even moreso wanting to get  mor  268 stuff to  display.   anyone  have   the TX  RX  units?

I am now  going to  find a  nice  frame   for this  certificate.

Ed Sharpe archivist  for SMECC