TESTFDC

Adrian Graham binarydinosaurs at gmail.com
Sat Jan 27 16:27:23 CST 2018

(2nd go, fat fingers posted from the wrong account, apologies if it double posts)

> On 27 Jan 2018, at 21:55, Mike Loewen via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>
> On Sat, 27 Jan 2018, Adrian Graham via cctalk wrote:
>
>> I?d like to thank whoever it was who added the Abit K8V Pro/Winbond W83627HF with its test results to the TESTFDC page for writing SSSD disks. I?ve been trying to get a similar setup going for a fortnight now and last week found this motherboard on e*ay for Not Many UK Pounds. Coupled with a scrap Athlon64 system from work and a scratched Windows98 CD I eventually got it going earlier and can now read/write single density floppies meaning I can archive the disks I got with my Research Machines 380Z :D
>
>  I'm also using the K8V Pro for my imaging system.  I've successfully made bootable disks for all sorts of SD and DD systems.

This one took some coaxing to get going but now that it is I have a need to make disks for my TRS80 Model 4P since I only have the one boot disk with it.

>> Now where did I put that 8? drive...
>
>  I'm using a Tandon 848 on mine.

My pair are Tandons, they’re in a CPT8500 word processor which I’d also like to get going at some point. Any tips on coaxing them back into life?

Cheers!

> Mike Loewen				mloewen at cpumagic.scol.pa.us
Old Technology				http://q7.neurotica.com/Oldtech/—
Adrian/Witchy
Binary Dinosaurs - Celebrating Computing History from 1972 onwards
w: binarydinosaurs.co.uk t: @binarydinosaurs
f: facebook.com/binarydinosaurs