TESTFDC

Adrian Graham binarydinosaurs at gmail.com
Sat Jan 27 13:16:28 CST 2018

I’d like to thank whoever it was who added the Abit K8V Pro/Winbond W83627HF with its test results to the TESTFDC page for writing SSSD disks. I’ve been trying to get a similar setup going for a fortnight now and last week found this motherboard on e*ay for Not Many UK Pounds. Coupled with a scrap Athlon64 system from work and a scratched Windows98 CD I eventually got it going earlier and can now read/write single density floppies meaning I can archive the disks I got with my Research Machines 380Z :D

Typical of my luck a contact has also found an Adaptec 1522A that he’ll hopefully send me too, then I’m covered for all eventualities.

Now where did I put that 8” drive...

—
Adrian/Witchy
Binary Dinosaurs - Celebrating Computing History from 1972 onwards
w: binarydinosaurs.co.uk <http://binarydinosaurs.co.uk/> t: @binarydinosaurs
f: facebook.com/binarydinosaurs