Interest in Teac FD235J drives and FC-1 boards?

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Wed Jan 24 11:45:19 CST 2018

On Wed, 24 Jan 2018, Jason T via cctalk wrote:
> Looks like no on the KF:  https://forum.kryoflux.com/viewtopic.php?t=198
> The post is from 2011, but as it's a hardware limitation and the KF is
> still the same hardware as when it was released, I'd guess the answer
> is still no.
> As someone in that thread points out, there was no commercial (read:
> "protected") software on 2.88 (is that really so?), so using a
> "standard" controller, if you happen to have one, is fine.  In my
> case, I think I have a 486-era IBM that supports the ED format.

Does ImageDisk or Teledisk support it?
If so, then with the ED controller and one of these drives from
Chuck, you could image things such as the "4 Meg" floppies from NeXT. (4M
is the UNFORMATTED capacity of the 2.8M disk, and NeXT marketing thought
that "4M" sounded better than the "2.8M" formatted capacity)

BTW, it is 2.8M.  It is NEVER 2.88M unless you REDEFINE "Megabyte" to be
1,024,000 bytes.  What moron does THAT?  (not the 1,000,000 used by
marketing, nor the 1,048,576 used in computers (AKA MebiByte))