Ethernet cable (Was: Sun3 valuations?)

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Wed Jan 24 05:42:17 CST 2018

   > From: Chuck Guzis

    > On 01/23/2018 04:04 PM, Al Kossow via cctalk wrote:

    >> they mention they used CATV technology (where the vampire taps come
    >> from)

    > Wasn't that ChaosNet?

The CHAOS net (capitalization varied, but original docs usually use two words)
hardware did use the heavy-duty CATV cable (not the indoor stuff; I have a
chunk of the heavy-duty kind they used too :-), but not vampire taps; the
transceivers had T-connectors on them, and to install one, one put connectors
on the ends of the cable segments, and screwed them onto the T-connector.

	Noel