Interest in Teac FD235J drives and FC-1 boards?

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Tue Jan 23 23:05:34 CST 2018

On 01/23/2018 08:45 PM, Fred Cisin via cctalk wrote:

> They almost started to catch on, particularly in some PS/2.
> I had one with a MicroSolutions "Backpack" parallel port interface.

It would be a simple matter to upgrade a 1.44M backpack floppy with a
2.88M capable drive, as the controller is a PC8477 and the driver
software still supports it (as of the last units to roll off the line).

The Compaticard IV and a few other ISA cards support ED mode also.

But again, why?  I still have a box of the Imation ED floppies (barium
ferrite).  The price was ridiculous for floppies of the time.