Malware history was: Spectre & Meltdown

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Wed Jan 17 17:55:16 CST 2018

On Wed, 17 Jan 2018, Chuck Guzis via cctalk wrote:
> /* = end of data set
> /& = end of job
> One wonders how a S/360 "C" compiler might deal with this. Preceding it
> with a space might do the trick.

Yes, it would, but how would you get 100% compliance wiht no mistakes from
PROGRAMMERS?

A 360 s'posedly COULD be told to ignore, or to respond to something else,
but that wasn't usually available.
Accordinglyly, when we needed to use a 360 to duplicate a deck that had
JCL cards, we would turn the source/data deck upside down.  (hope that it
didn't have '/' in column 80?)