Malware history was: Spectre & Meltdown

David C. Jenner classiccmp at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 16 22:31:53 CST 2018

This isn't malware, but back in 1962 when I was taking a college class
in assembly language programming for the IBM 709, my innocence led to
the following.

Of course, I had, on the typewriter, for my high school years, always
typed ' backspace . to get an exclamation point.  I did this in a
comment in my first punched card submittal using an 026 keypunch.  The
program was rejected, and I lost $0.25 from my lab fee.

So my first real computer program was a flaming failure.  Had to wait
for the 029 to be emphatic in punching.

Dave