Google, Wikipedia directly on ASCII terminal?

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Tue Jan 16 14:31:44 CST 2018

On Tue, 16 Jan 2018, Anders Nelson via cctalk wrote:
> I suppose one could emulate the telephone carrier dial tone and ring back
> tone with a third device, then the modems would just act like a direct
> connection after their handshake?
> I'm so glad there are others who want to accurately recreate the whole user
> experience!
> =]

The WHOLE experience?
howzbout BUSY signal, random drop of calls, noisy/static? on line, . . .
maybe even include human error, and randomly [rarely] dial wrong number

the ring signal, at least around here, is 90V 20Hz?

Howzbout acoustic couplers with the various phone handsets that did NOT
fit them?
I no longer have any of my Livermore modems.