Which Operating System for my DCC-116 E / Entrex 480 / Nixdorf 620 / Data General Nova 1200 clone ?

Dominique Carlier dce at skynet.be
Mon Jan 15 06:22:56 CST 2018

Hi everybody !

I captured very beautiful images in the idea to make a new video but I
don't found the time to focus on that yet. There are a lot of changes in
my small “data center” ;-)
Currently I gather all my big pieces in a single place, here my VAX
4000-505A joined the D-116 :

http://www.zeltrax.com/classiccmp_forum/read_datacenter01.jpg

http://www.zeltrax.com/classiccmp_forum/read_datacenter01b.jpg

http://www.zeltrax.com/classiccmp_forum/read_datacenter02.jpg

I'm currently populating a third rack that will contain soon an IBM
industrial PC, measurement tools (spectrum analyzer, oscilloscopes), and
floppy drives of all generations (8 inches, 5 1/4, 3 1/2 ). The idea is
be able to generate from these machines all sorts of old bootable media .

http://www.zeltrax.com/classiccmp_forum/read_datacenter03.jpg
<http://www.zeltrax.com/classiccmp_forum/read_datacenter03.jpg>

I'm still looking for another Operating System, an RDOS version
compatible with my machine (it should be compatible with Nova 1200, Nova
800 and possibly even Nova 2), according to Bruce Ray, the model of the
disc cartridge controller (for the Diablo 44) is a determining factor
concerning the possibility or not to be able to install RDOS on my system.

But here, the references shown on the controller are those of Nixdorf, I
do not know what kind of Data General controller this board is the
equivalent.

Here are the references visible on this board :

2456 00 MP-Kontroller D44an620 6393500215 2456 7 0 1577

R32-33 19.12.78-9

Some pictures :

http://www.zeltrax.com/classiccmp_forum/D116_disk_controller_01.jpg
http://www.zeltrax.com/classiccmp_forum/D116_disk_controller_02.jpg
http://www.zeltrax.com/classiccmp_forum/D116_disk_controller_03.jpg
http://www.zeltrax.com/classiccmp_forum/D116_disk_controller_04.jpg
http://www.zeltrax.com/classiccmp_forum/D116_disk_controller_05.jpg
http://www.zeltrax.com/classiccmp_forum/D116_disk_controller_06.jpg
http://www.zeltrax.com/classiccmp_forum/D116_disk_controller_07.jpg
http://www.zeltrax.com/classiccmp_forum/D116_disk_controller_08.jpg
http://www.zeltrax.com/classiccmp_forum/D116_disk_controller_09.jpg
http://www.zeltrax.com/classiccmp_forum/D116_disk_controller_10.jpg

I should be really happy to install another Operating System for my dear
DG Nova clone :-)

Dominique