AIX 4.1.3 on 7009-C20 RS/6000

Benjamin Huntsman BHuntsman at mail2.cu-portland.edu
Mon Jan 8 10:08:21 CST 2018

Hi there!

   Yeah, it never gets so far as to put any information up on the console.  Only some LED codes that indicates it attempts boot, then goes back to the ROM menu.  After some more research last night, looks like I'd need the 4.1.3 for Servers for D5 Processor Group, so this media probably isn't going to get me anywhere, even if I could try a NIM boot.

   As for why 4.1.3, I have some old stuff that requires that version.  I'm fully aware that 4.3.3 or even 5.1 would probably result in a more useful system overall, and I have media kits for both, but 4.1.3 only is what's in scope right now.

   Anyway, thanks much!