R: Large discs (Was: Spectre & Meltdown

Mazzini Alessandro mazzinia at tin.it
Fri Jan 5 07:15:18 CST 2018

I'm  not sure I would use SSD for long term "secure" storage, unless maybe
using enterprise level ones.
Consumer level SSD are, by specifics, guaranteed to retain data for 6 months
if unpowered... any more time means being lucky. Would suck to save, store,
and after some years find the data mangled...