Boot RXS

JCWELCH jcwelch at hal-pc.org
Tue Jan 2 09:11:19 CST 2018

I am not sure how RSX boots.  Does the message give any indication where in the boot process things go wrong?

I imagine that the boot process loads one part at a time with each part being something I would think of as a driver.  So I was wondering if there would be a way to look at the boot blocks and say this starts with XXXXXXXX so it is for device YYYY, then the next thing to load is AAAAAAAA and that is a ZZZZ and so on until it finally turns execution over to $startup (or whatever the equivalent of autoexec.bat from DOS is). That sort of thing is what I meant by mounting and examining the disk.

On the other hand might it be possible boot from another installation, attach and mount this pack, replace the boot blocks and then boot this system?  I do have a six volume set of SYSGEN. I suppose I could make a new one.

Sent from my iPhone