Boot RXS

jim stephens jwsmail at jwsss.com
Mon Jan 1 22:30:19 CST 2018

On 1/1/2018 10:35 AM, Noel Chiappa via cctalk wrote:
>      > From: John Welch
>
>      > SAV -- SOFTWARE CONFIGURED FOR ENABLE HARDWARE WHICH DOES NOT RESPOND.
>      > HALTED.
>      > Does anyone have any hints on how I can guess what I need to add?
>
> Well, Able made a thing called an 'Able ENABLE' which allowed use of more
> than 256KB of physical memory on any UNIBUS -11 with memory mapping hardware
> which wasn't an -11/70-44-24. That's probably what it's talking about.
I had a meeting with Ken Omohundro on 12/7 and will be having dinner
with him again soon.  I'll ask him about it.  I know he doesn't have any
records left, but I could take him your notes and see what he recalls.
Also I can perhaps get engineer names and try to track them down.

I hope to get a biography and history of his companies including Able,
and figure somewhere to get it stored.

thanks
Jim