Why don't you respect the mail threads?!

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Wed Feb 21 16:50:56 CST 2018

    > From: Grant Taylor

    > I'm on a list where it seems as if a frequent contributer uses an MUA
    > that does not send In-Reply-To or References headers at all. It doesn't
    > even send a User-Agent header. *sigh*

That's me, I expect.

I used to use a TOPS-20 email reader called MM, and when I moved my email to a
Unix machine, there was a version of MM I used there, then something happened
(I forget what) and I couldn't use that any more.

I do have access to a more modern email reader (Eudora), but don't like it; I
just stick with old, simple stuff I know how to use. I don't have the spare
brain cells / energy to switch.

After going through I've-forgotten-how-many editors (starting with TECO, then
'ed'), text formatting systems, operating systems, email readers, etc, etc I
have a _very_ simple rule about switching software: is the old stuff I'm using
utterly, irretrievably unusable? If not, ignore the new stuff. Eventually
it'll be obsolete too. And in the meantime, I'll have saved countless cycles
by not going through the hassle of switching to it. Life's too short.

	Noel