VCF PNW 2018: Pictures!

Charles Anthony charles.unix.pro at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 14:48:42 CST 2018

On Wed, Feb 21, 2018 at 6:45 AM, Zane Healy via cctalk <
cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> > On Feb 19, 2018, at 6:51 AM, Noel Chiappa via cctalk <
> cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>
> Really the H6180 looks a lot more like the DPS-8 I remember.  We had a
> single CPU Dev system, and a 4 CPU Production system running GCOS-8.  I
> thought I might have some drawings of the panels, but if I do they’re in
> the garage somewhere.  Another site, had a DPS-8000, our site was pretty
> old, and had been upgraded over time.  For example the memory cabinets were
> mostly empty, due to upgrades.

The DPS8 and DPS8/M did away with the blinking light panels. However, it
was possible to mix 6080 and DPS8 CPUs in a system; you may be remembering
a 6080 that was the original CPU in a system that had acquired DPS8 CPU and
SCU upgrades?

-- Charles