Writing emulators (was Re: VCF PNW 2018: Pictures!)

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Wed Feb 21 13:54:22 CST 2018

> On Feb 21, 2018, at 2:47 PM, Henk Gooijen via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> Tekst on my website:
>
> The only other PDP-11 that has a WCS option (KUV11, M8018) is the PDP-11/03, KD11-F processor.
> Ritchie Lary wrote the micro-code for the PDP-11/60 to emulate the PDP-8 instruction set, making it the "fastest PDP-8 ever".

A few more snippets of information: it was used by the WPS-8 development group in Merrimack, NH (a few cubes over from my first office at DEC).  The host ran RSTS/E, and there was a RSTS "Runtime System" as part of the machinery.

I've never seen any of the code; the brief description above is all I know.

	paul