Why don't you respect the mail threads?!

Tapley, Mark mtapley at swri.edu
Wed Feb 21 09:57:23 CST 2018

On Feb 21, 2018, at 9:39 AM, Pontus Pihlgren via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> Which part is it that bothers you? That the subject is not changed
> (which I did) or that the In-Reply-To: header is preserved which
> mucks up threading in my client.
>
> anyway, this has been up for discussion before with little
> improvements..so I have given up and accept status quo.

	I was one of the offenders. A list member politely pointed out to me (in private mail) the existence of the of the in-reply-to header which my client isn’t set to use. I had no idea! I’d been diligently changing subject: headers when I hijacked threads, but to no avail. So, apologies for my past bad behavior and I’ll try to do better in the future.

	I would encourage you though, rather than give up, just politely be more explicit about what is needed - it was ignorance rather than laziness in my case which was the problem.

								- Mark