RX02 problem

allison allisonportable at gmail.com
Sat Feb 3 16:26:43 CST 2018

On 02/03/2018 03:38 PM, Bill Gunshannon via cctalk wrote:
> Do we have any real RX02 experts?  My long time running
>
> RX02 seems to have decided to go on strike.  When I try to
>
> access it now it repeatedly loads and unloads the heads but
>
> never reads anything.  I can usually break out of it with
>
> control-C.  Attempts to boot from it have the same effect.
>

> Anybody else ever see this behavior?
>

> Oh yeah, I know the controllers are good as I also have an
>
> AK6DN emulator and it works (well up to a point, but that's
>
> a problem for another message.  :-)
>

> bill

HI,

Assuming you haven't killed the media either the heads are crudded up
or the cable is partially disconnected.

FYI if the heads are crudded up the media with have a circular scratch
generally in the directory or boot areas (outer edges).  That kills the
media for reading that area.

FYI like everyone I use Isopropanal-91% for cleaning but fpr the
difficult jobs
either xylene(hard to find) or MEK (Methyl-Ethel-keytone)  for the
really stiff
stuff piles as they can dissolve binder.

Allison