wanted back issues IEEE ANNALS OF THE HISTORY OF COMPUTING bound or unbound... dtop us a line off list please.

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Sun Dec 30 19:04:06 CST 2018

> On Dec 29, 2018, at 7:35 PM, Guy Dunphy via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>
> At 12:05 PM 29/12/2018 -0800, Al Kossow <aek at bitsavers.org> wrote:
>> On 12/29/18 12:00 PM, Chuck Guzis via cctalk wrote:
>>> Stupid question, but doesn't IEEE CS already have these archived?
>>
>> of course they are
>>
>> we are speaking with paper obsessed siverfish lovers here though
>>

> Coming from you that's a worrying comment, unless you are joking.
>
> So Al, just curious, once bitsavers has scanned the manuals and stuff people send them,
> what happens to those paper originals?
>
> Does bit savers return them? Or make them available to others?
> Can people sending manuals to bitsavers get a guarantee (if they ask for it) the originals won't be destroyed?

I wonder also.  I once sent some manuals to Bitsavers, and they duly got scanned.  (Thank, Al, they came out well.)  I didn't get them back.  I don't think I asked for that, in which case it's reasonable enough that Bitsavers didn't go to the extra expense of returning them.

It might be helpful to state the policy (or choice, if any) explicitly so people know what to expect.

	paul