Osborne-1 with prototype-based motherboard

Brad H vintagecomputer at bettercomputing.net
Sat Dec 29 14:53:29 CST 2018

Am just posting this as I am hoping someone out there knows someone who was
involved with Osborne back in the day to find out more this Osborne 1
motherboard I found in a low serial O1 I picked up for $100.

I reached out to Lee Felsenstein on it and he suggested it was related to
the boards produced for the 10 prototypes Osborne built, or a derivative of
them.  He couldn't say for sure how it ended up in mine.  But I was hoping
if anyone knows any Osborne experts that might help me on this - it is not
currently working and I'm hoping to find schematics, etc to get it going
again.  Obviously with the radical differences in layout, the schematics for
the production motherboard isn't terribly helpful.

I've posted a blog about it here with a picture of the board for those
curious:  http://bradhodge.ca/blog/?p=1186

Brad