wanted any and all XSCRIBE closed caption related and steno typer key board related ... docs... parts.. units building up an working analog CC demo chain for display in our Deaf and Hard of Hearing assisting tech area. will consider othe brand gear too

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Sun Dec 23 20:29:05 CST 2018

On 12/23/18 5:52 PM, ED SHARPE via cctalk wrote:
> wanted any and all XSCRIBE closed caption related and steno typer key board  related ... docs... parts.. units building up an  working analog CC  demo chain for display in our Deaf and Hard of Hearing assisting tech area.  will consider othe brand gear to if even just for static display too....
> Interested in ad materials photos, war stories. etc etc
>   thanks. Ed Sharpe

My experience with CC conversion for Fox Home Video was that the WGBH
system was used for closed-captioning on the early stuff.   IIRC, the
systems used were Zilog MCZ with custom software.  (132 byte
hard-sectored floppies).   I also did some 5.25" stuff from a later time
but I don't recall the details, just that it was different--but
generally followed the FCC standard.

--Chuck