Public buy/sell/trade

Carlo Pisani carlojpisani at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 17:49:03 CST 2018

> As someone that actually has to worry about such things

you mean as someone who received a legal threat for a project?
we got one for the DTB website, and it was not nice ...

it's one of the reasons why we dropped the experimental-bay since if
it involves a little business then things go even worse

> And yes, it’s a PITA for businesses and websites,
> but I for one wish we had something similar in the US.

which problems do you have in the US? anything similar to GDPR? tell me

there is a dude in Virginia (US), telling me he can put emails and
confidential data (address, phone, etc) in public without any
authorization from the owner.

I don't know if he is legally allowed do it, but 5 months have already
passed without a fine for him ... whereas if you do it in Switzerland
or in Italy, you immediately get a legal threat, and/or a fine

p.s.
look at Facebook Europe vs Facebook US which of the two did get a fine?