Want/Available list

Chris Hanson cmhanson at eschatologist.net
Thu Dec 20 19:07:10 CST 2018

On Dec 20, 2018, at 12:03 PM, Carlo Pisani via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> a forum with a bazaar should be more appropriate
> frankly this mail list looks like spam, and it's going irritating
> since it's difficult to follow and to handle

What do you mean by this? Do you mean you would prefer to visit a web page to read the latest posts on cctalk rather than have them delivered to you via email?

I often find it fascinating that people talk about email lists as if they’re some huge inconvenience or imposition. Just set up rules to file them to their own mailboxes, read them when you feel like it, they work great.

  -- Chris
  -- who does have some preference for news over mailing lists for group discussion