Want/Available list

Guy Dunphy guykd at optusnet.com.au
Thu Dec 20 17:20:07 CST 2018

At 10:50 PM 20/12/2018 +0100, you wrote:
>> How about you not join a nearly 20 year old mailing list and start
>> insulting people, most of which have probably been in the computer
>> industry longer than you've been alive?
>
>insulting? I posted a link to a project just to share the fun and I
>got suggested to drop it, which is extremely rude and irritating.
>Besides, I suggest and offered free space when here you are all
>claiming that it's difficult to follow posts about things and parts,
>and yet again I got a figurative finger
>
>so don't try to drag me down on your cliche'

You should relax. Take it easy. Your http://www.downthebunker.xyz/ site has
a lot of promise, but starting any such project is hard. Plus retrocomputing
definitely has a relatively small interest group, so don't expect a huge wave
of users.

But two things are not helping.
One is your site's idiosyncratic nomenclature. From the domain name, title logo,
'create account', much seems chosen to be more clever than informative.
I'd suggest being more boring but helpful.

You. I've only read 2 or 3 posts by you, and already get the impression you
are too sensitive and ready to get your back up. You're here in a forum of
mostly tetchy old greybeards. (I'm one.) To quote your own site's user agreement:

 R E S P E C T !

No one here intends to insult you. But few are going to ignore a hostile
and argumentative attitude. Chill. The text you replied to above is NOT a
'figurative finger', it's wise advice, just phrased in a direct manner.
You are creating conflict where there was none. You should know the rule
with online discussion: there's no emotive feedback, and written text
often doesn't come out exactly as intended. So allow a much wider margin
of acceptance than in a f2f conversation.
tl;dr: Chill.

Guy