Want/Available list

Grant Taylor cctalk at gtaylor.tnetconsulting.net
Thu Dec 20 17:06:53 CST 2018

On 12/20/2018 03:46 PM, Guy Dunphy via cctalk wrote:
> I too want a web forum venue for hunting, acquiring and dispersing
> vintage computing gear, with a restoration/collector slant, ie not about
> the money, ie I'm poor, ha ha.  A mailing list is NOT an appropriate
> context. It has no categories, is ephemeral, chews local storage, has
> no hot-linking, and demands more real-time attention than I can spare.

Is there really a dearth of satisfactory locations for people to swap /
trade / buy / sell computer equipment?

I've not seriously looked.  But I feel like this should have been solved
already.  Maybe it has an the typical places are running people off or
otherwise unappealing.

What would people want in such a swap-n-shop?

In some ways it's a basic inventory management system, with the ability
for people to add their own listings.

I feel like the community could likely benefit from an associated forum
to discuss things without bogging down the business transactions.

I would want it easy to search and find things, or possibly even
register as being interested in being notified when someone lists
something for sale in the future.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die