More old stuff incoming

Zane Healy healyzh at avanthar.com
Thu Dec 20 10:55:56 CST 2018

> On Dec 20, 2018, at 4:55 AM, John Foust via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>
> At 02:07 PM 12/19/2018, Zane Healy via cctalk wrote:
>> The Epson V850-Pro does pretty good at 8x10, and produces scans capable of being printed at about 30”x40”.  I *WISH* I could scan my 11x14 negatives.
>
> Stitching several scans together isn't possible?
>
> - John

The quality would be questionable, since you can’t get it totally flat and 11x14 negatives are pretty thick.  Also, I’m not going to risk damaging negatives whose primary purpose is in creating darkroom prints.  If I have one that I really need to make a large digital print from, I’ll spend the $$$’s to get a drum scan done.

For something like my stack of DEC printsets, stitching would be an option.  Another option is a lightbox and a digital camera (at which point stitching is an option).

Zane