More old stuff incoming

Grant Taylor cctalk at gtaylor.tnetconsulting.net
Wed Dec 19 11:47:58 CST 2018

On 12/19/2018 04:09 AM, Peter Corlett via cctalk wrote:
> Unless the software is really weird and relies on something weird like
> undocumented side-effects of the 286 CPU or 8 bit ISA DMA[0], this may
> be a way forwards to keeping it running when that crusty old Pentium
> finally croaks.

I've run into more than a few things that aren't happy with emulation.
I know AIX for PS/2 is looking for something at PS/2 specific memory
addresses related to hardware.

I've also had a number of problems with different hypervisors emulating
different types of hardware that older OSs are happy (enough) with.
Things like IDE / SCSI / sound / network controllers.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die