3D printer $179.99 (Was: 8-Update

geneb geneb at deltasoft.com
Wed Dec 19 11:43:26 CST 2018

On Wed, 19 Dec 2018, Jay West via cctalk wrote:

> Gene wrote... For what you're going to use it for, that's a good choice.
> I wouldn't recommend it as a printer though. ;)  (The design isn't bad,
> but it's not a very newbie-friendly printer.)
>-------------

> Gene, you're just sore that the $175 ender 3 is comparable to a Prusa i3
> Mk3 that costs $800 (those words are from the all3dp.com reviews, not
> me) ;) Actually, I think you're spot on when you say it's not
> newbie-friendly because it requires some tinkering once it's out of the
> box to get great results. Another side of that is that perhaps it's the
> newbies that really SHOULD spend the time tinkering to get it right, so
> they understand what to do when their other 3d printers go awry. I
> suspect most of the people here are the tinkering type ;)

I'm not sore at all.  Out of the 12 printers I have, only one is a dirty
little bed-flinger. ;)  I recommended the original Prusa because it's a
good design (for a dirty little bed flinger), it's a reasonably affordable
choice if you can't join the Delta Hegemony, and it's newbie friendly. :)

For Emmanuel's(sp?) case, the Ender 3 is a great choice because he's not
going to print with it, he's just going to use it as a motion gantry for a
CNC controlled microfiche imager.  If I had the time (and a stack of
fiche), I'd probably buy one for that purpose myself.

g.

--
Proud owner of F-15C 80-0007