More old stuff incoming

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 04:31:47 CST 2018

On Tue, 18 Dec 2018 at 22:08, Zane Healy via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> Cindy, I’m curious, is there really a market for 8086/88, 286, and 386 computers?  What are folks using them for?

Judging from the FB "Vintage" Computer Club, yes, a small one.

For millennial-age geeks, pre-32-bit computers are antiques. They
_might_ just barely remember back to Win9x. So for them, a DOS machine
is a voyage of discovery into some of the more arcane pages of
history. The idea of computers or OSes that can't boot from CD blows
minds. For them, only elderly historical kit has 3½" floppy drives.

So yes, there is a little bit of demand, I reckon. Not highly
commercial, though.