DECUS PDP-11 SPACE WAR?

Lyle Bickley lbickley at bickleywest.com
Sat Dec 8 11:30:47 CST 2018

On Fri, 7 Dec 2018 14:04:52 -0800
Al Kossow via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> On 12/7/18 1:25 PM, Mattis Lind via cctalk wrote:
> > Anyone has old DECUS distributions?
>
> For all intents and purposes, no
>
> DECUS threw them out.

Not true for PDP-8 and PDP-12 DECUS. I was the last PDP-12 Coordinator
for DECUS - which included all the PDP-8 DECUS as well as the specific
PDP-12 DECUS software. I kept it all - and donated it in it's entirety
to the Computer History Museum (CHM) years ago. The collection also
included the MASTER source code for the DIAL operating system for the
PDP-12 - as DEC wanted "someone" to have it rather than throw it out
when they were closing out their archives.

The only thing I retained from my DECUS activities is the DECUS "money"
that we (DECUS) gave out for "change" when someone overpaid for an
item ;)

The DECUS "money" could only be spent for future software purchases
from DECUS. BTW: The fees were copying fees which included media costs,
etc. One didn't pay for the DECUS software itself.

I hope that the CHM will make the libraries available to the public -
which was my intent in donating them to the CHM in the first place.

Lyle
--
73   NM6Y
Bickley Consulting West Inc.