[rescue] Sun2/120 SunOS 3.2 suntools movie (was: advise on Sun2 disk install)

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 08:34:16 CST 2018

On Thu, 6 Dec 2018 at 15:13, allison via cctech <cctech at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> During my days at DEC in the later 80s the definition of workstation was
> 1MIPS processing power,
> 1M pixels, Desktop or desk side (fairly compact).  Graphics and
> processing power were high
> and lots of ram and sufficient local disk as well.  Most of the machines
> were RISC based,
> Sun (sparc), MIPS, or ARM powered.

Reminiscent of NeXT's "3M computer":

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3M_computer

1 megapixel, 1 megabyte, 1 MIPS.

ISTM that the Sun-1 fails the megapixel requirement, but on further
reading, e.g. http://www.computerhistory.org/revolution/computer-graphics-music-and-art/15/218/615
, only narrowly.

I think I scanned the Wikipedia article too quickly this morning...