[rescue] Sun2/120 SunOS 3.2 suntools movie (was: advise on Sun2 disk install)

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 06:28:23 CST 2018

On Thu, 6 Dec 2018 at 12:44, Tony Duell <ard.p850ug1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't think anyone is questioning that it's a workstation, and that it was
> made by Sun.
>
> I think the problem is over 'first' and that a Sun-2 is not going to be the
> 'first' model.

Ah! Excellent point. I have to admit, I was totally unfamiliar with
the very early Sun products. I was happy with my little ZX Spectrum
back then, and being about 14, wasn't paying much attention to the
world of academic Unix usage. :-)

Looking up the SUN-1, I see that it lacked a graphics adapter, and was
a text-only machine. I didn't know that. That alone means that it's
not really what I think of when I think of a Sun workstation: no
windowing system means that for me it's not really a workstation.

But as a single-user Unix machine, yes, it unquestionably qualifies,
and I need to redefine my terms and my thinking a little...