Opening RL02 disk pack

Earl Evans earl at retrobits.com
Tue Dec 4 14:24:12 CST 2018

On Mon, Dec 3, 2018 at 5:09 AM Christian Corti via cctalk <
cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> Hi,
> how does one open a RL02 disk pack? A couple of packs need cleaning but I
> can't figure out how to open them...

I was curious to see if there would be any replies to this. I have just shy
of 40 RL02 packs, and a few of them had bad scratches rendering them
useless. Therefore, I attempted to open them in a non-destructive way, just
to see if it was possible. So far, I haven't had much luck. Also, I noted
that while all the packs I attempted were DEC (not clones), they did have
slightly different construction and mechanics, probably based on production
date.

- Earl