Picking tubular locks (WAS : Text encoding Babel. now PICKING LOCKS OR FINDING KEY MFR AND KEY #

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Sun Dec 2 21:15:48 CST 2018

On Sun, 2 Dec 2018, ethan at 757.org wrote:
> I had one of those tools and it ran about $70. You had to buy a separate one
> for each size and pin count. Could add up. It was all pretty tight size wise,
> machining it would be possible if you precision tools but I don't think you
> could make one easily with a dremel grinding wheel or anything.

As an analogy, . . .
if you had a system that could image 8", 5.25", 3.5" diskettes, hard and
soft-sector, there would still be a FEW with further complications (such
as 3.0", 3.25", 100tpi, or edge indexed 8"), but you would be able to do
MOST of what you would want to do.
In fairness, maybe in the analogy, we would be stuck with only being able
to do soft-sector, thus admitting to existence of more numerous variants
that would need to be acknowledged.

Such a system would tend to be adequate for ALMOST everything.